I was surfing on the Internet when, suddenly, a link for a page that contains all the presentations from Sun Tech Days that took place in September/2008 in São Paulo, Brazil, came up. Taking a loot at the list, I saw one about Java ME. I got curious, since the title is 'What's New in JavaME: MIDP 3.0, BluRay, LWUIT and more', and then I opened it.
Right in the third slide, there is some very interesting numbers about Java Platform, that I would like to share with you guys. This shows how "everywhere" Java is. Let's see them:
- 6 Billion Java-Enabled Devices
- 2.5 Billion Java-Enabled Phones (Impressive, isn't it?)
- 3.5 Billion Java Card
- 20 Million Java Set-top Boxes
- 800 Million Java Desktops
- 180 Operators Deploying Java Content
- 6 Million Developers
See you in the next post...