Jun 5, 2013

UI Components for Java ME

Hi, all

I was surfing on my web archive and I found this old page of one of my projects: UI Components for Java ME. I worked on this project in 2006 through 2008, I think.

In this project, some UI controls were developed using LCDUI low level API. At that time - in case you don't remeber - Java ME used to suffer a lack of UI controls. We did not have LWUIT yet (2008), and only LCDUI high level controls and a few open source projects (e.g. J2ME Polish) were available. So, we had to work hard to create rich user interfaces for our apps. That was one of the motivations that made work on this project.

Below a list of some UI controls developed:

List, Detail List, Grouped List, Grid (my favorite one!), DocList, Form, TextField, CheckBox, RadioButton, Calendar, Image Viewer, Text Box, etc.

Besides UI controls, there are a lot of utility classes that were developed alongside: Download Manager, RMS, Feed Reader, String functions, Object serialization, etc.

This project's source code is open and is available for everybody. You guys can check it out from here.

I hope it is stil usefull for someone.

See you in the next post...

Update on June 6th, 2013

I created a package that contains all source code, lib, javadoc and binary.

You can download it from here.

It is also worth noting that there are some sample MIDlets that show how to use the controls. You can find them inside the package com.emobtech.uime.samples.

No comments: