Apr 14, 2011

Facebook API for Java ME: In the works

Hi, all

Let's make it different this time. I use to announce my new projects just when they are ready to go, but let's change the paradigm.

Early this week, I checked in to Kenai, the alpha source code of my Facebook API ME project. The name stands for itself, it is API that allows Java ME apps to access Facebook. In fact, I had already commented on this project in the last post.

The code is in alpha version, but most features are already done and tested. I am stating it is still as alpha, since I need to retest the authentication feature using eSWT, besides implementing support to LWUIT, by using HTMLComponent.

Currently, besides authentication, Facebook API ME also supports the following features:
  • Post status
  • Share link
  • Get list of friends
  • Get friend's profile picture
It is not many features, but the way this API is designed, it is a snap to get new ones available.

As soon as I have time, I will complete the tests, so I can officially release the API's version 1.0. The source code is already available for check out, just in case you are very curious.

I hope you guys also enjoy this new project.

See you in the next post...

3 comments:

Sungmoon Cho said...

I Ernandes,

Thank you for posting this. I am interested in trying this out. I tried to download the source code from Kenai, but it is giving me an authentication error. can you check it out?

Ernandes Mourão Júnior said...

Hi,

To have access to the SVN repository, firstly, you have to add yourself as an Observer member to the project.

Regards,
Ernandes

Nirali said...

Check www.Javacpass.com . Job board for java and C++ professionals.